About ISO 39001:2012 Road Traffic Safety Management Systems
Road traffic safety (RTS) is a global concern. It is estimated that around 1,3 million people are killed and 20 million to 50 million are injured on roads around the world each year, and that this level is rising. The socio-economic and health impacts are substantial.
This International Standard provides a tool to help organizations reduce, and ultimately eliminate, the incidence and risk of death and serious injury related to road traffic crashes. This focus can result in a more cost-effective use of the road traffic system.
This International Standard identifies elements of good RTS management practice that will enable the organization to achieve its desired RTS results.
This International Standard is applicable to public and private organizations that interact with the road traffic system. It can be used by internal and external parties, including certification bodies, to assess the organization's ability to meet the requirements.
Experience from around the world has shown that large reductions in death and serious injury can be achieved through the adoption of a holistic Safe System approach to RTS. This involves a clear and unequivocal focus on RTS results and evidence-based actions, supported by appropriate organizational management capacity.
Government cannot achieve these reductions alone. Organizations of all types and sizes, as well as individual road users, have a role to play. By adopting this International Standard, organizations should be able to achieve
- RTS results at levels that exceed what can be achieved through compliance with laws and standards, and
- their own objectives, and, at the same time, contribute to the achievement of societal goals
This International Standard specifies requirements for a road traffic safety (RTS) management system to enable an organization that interacts with the road traffic system to reduce death and serious injuries related to road traffic crashes which it can influence. The requirements in this International Standard include development and implementation of an appropriate RTS policy, development of RTS objectives and action plans, which take into account legal and other requirements to which the organization subscribes, and information about elements and criteria related to RTS that the organization identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence This International Standard is applicable to any organization, regardless of type, size and product or service provided, that wishes to
a) improve RTS performance,
b) establish, implement, maintain and improve an RTS management system,
c) assure itself of conformity with its stated RTS policy, and
d) demonstrate conformity with this International Standard.
This International Standard is intended to address RTS management. It is not intended to specify the technical and quality requirements of transportation products and services (e.g. roads, traffic signs/lights, automobiles, trams, cargo and passenger transportation services, rescue and emergency services).
It is not the intent of this International Standard to imply uniformity in the structure of RTS management systems or uniformity of documentation.
RTS is a shared responsibility. This International Standard is not intended to exclude road users from their obligations to comply with the law and behave responsibly. It can support the organization in its efforts to encourage road users to comply with the law.
All requirements of this International Standard are generic.
Where any requirement of this International Standard cannot be applied due to the nature of an organization and its products or services, that requirement can be considered for exclusion, provided the exclusion and the reason for exclusion are documented.
Where exclusions are made, claims of conformity to this International Standard are only acceptable where these exclusions do not affect the organization’s ability to establish, implement, maintain and improve an RTS management system successfully.
Brief about the ISO standard
Raise standards for your staff and customers with a certificate in road traffic safety best practice. BS ISO 39001 is the best benchmark for road traffic safety management. Achieve certification and you can ensure you are operating responsibly, prioritize the safety of your employees and demonstrate a consideration to other road users. This can result in improved stakeholder satisfaction and give your company preferred supplier status.
Reduce death and serious injury by implementing road safety provisions based on the ISO 39001 standards Increase confidence in the organization from interested parties like employees, stakeholders, and clients The implications for health & safety legislation and duties of care can be correctly considered Avoidance of liability actions through proper application and compliance with the standard Increase timely delivery of products and services and avoid non-compliance with the client requirements An improvement of operating processes and the establishment of efficient operating principles. The establishment and maintenance of an effective system to ensure compliance with its policy and objectives within the organization. T he ability to demonstrate organizational safety and social responsibility to both stakeholders and customers. The opportunity to cut costs, thanks to the improved efficiency of your RTSMS
Reduce death and serious injury by implementing road safety provisions based on the ISO 39001 standards
Increase confidence in the organization from interested parties like employees, stakeholders, and clients
The implications for health & safety legislation and duties of care can be correctly considered
Avoidance of liability actions through proper application and compliance with the standard
Increase timely delivery of products and services and avoid non-compliance with the client requirements
An improvement of operating processes and the establishment of efficient operating principles.
The establishment and maintenance of an effective system to ensure compliance with its policy and objectives within the organization.
T he ability to demonstrate organizational safety and social responsibility to both stakeholders and customers.
The opportunity to cut costs, thanks to the improved efficiency of your RTSMS
The Nbiz GO-AIM-HIGH methodology was developed to provide the continuous success for every clientle’s project. It represents the Nbiz Team Consultants activities during the involvement from the initial phase until the last phase to conclude the project successfully.
The acronyms on the GO-AIM-HIGH methodology are already tested, applied and proven methods by the Nbiz Team Consultants during the implementation of the project. These are the activities performed which represents the corresponding phases during the project implementation.
We are delighted to provide you the detailed explaination of our GO-AIM-HIGH Methodology on the below illustration.
G – Gathering of Data
The first step in the IMS Consultancy is gathering of data. In this, our consultants will be gathering all different types of relevant and existing records that are already with the client.
O – Organizational strength and weakness identification
The second step is aiming to identify the organizational strength and weaknessess.
A - Analyze and review documents, current processes and procedures
The third step in the IMS Consultancy is to conduct Gap Analysis of the current structure of the company which includes review of documents, processes and procedures in order to determine compliance to the required Management System standard. It is through this step that consultants and the company's key personnel can collaboratively formulate appropriate plan and activities to respond to gaps identified against the standard.
I-Improve, create and implement processes and procedures
The fourth step of the IMS consultancy is based on the gaps identified during step 1
Improvements and/or creation of documents meeting the requirements of the standard shall be initiated by the consultant in close coordination with the company’s key personnel. Documents shall include policies, manuals, procedures, forms/templates, instructions, etc. The documents created/improved shall be meeting the standard requirements and shall be suitable to the business activities and culture of the company. The company’s authorized representative shall review the documents and must be approved by the Top Management before issue. Additionally, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to implement the set procedures and processes in order to comply with standard requirements. Appropriate trainings shall be provided to key personnel in order to provide or develop competence in the implementation of the system.
Once standard is established, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to monitor performance as per the required standard through performance measurement, check compliance and conformances through audits and inspections. Nonconformance shall be identified, reported and recorded accordingly.
As part of the monitoring and checking, Nbiz Consultants shall assist companies in reviewing and re-assing their environmental aspects/impacts and occupational hazards and risks. The review and re-assessment shall be done on a regular basis or as per requirement of the ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
I-Implement corrective actions and recommendations
Once the nonconformities are identified, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall assist companies to identify root causes, implement corrections, corrective actions and preventive actions for nonconformance. Recommendations shall also be considered for continual improvement.
Reports shall be generated in all phases of the consultancy. Nbiz Infosol recognized that reports and records are essential to prove evidences of performed activities. Reports shall be properly channeled and submitted in correct and appropriate formats.
H-Head towards certification
Once, documents, procedures and processes are already established and implementation is considered adequate, Nbiz Infosol shall facilitate for the certification process of the companies. Nbiz Infosol consultants shall render support during all phases of the certification audits starting from planning with external auditors, during the actual audits, closing of the nonconformance and follow-up audits.
Scoping on the required scope of certification. The general information required for the application and scoping are as follows:
Initial System Study on the relevant field of certification applied and interested for, involved activities of the organization, no. of employees and the details on the available technical resources, any related subsidiary/entities.
Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
- Coordinating Audit Plan – Our consultants will closely facilitate on the schedule communicated by the client. The audit plan will be prepared by the certification body and communicated to the client.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
Facilitate to close NC’s – Our consultants will be assisting on developing and enhancing the identified non-conformances by the Auditor of the certification body.
Facilitate in submitting non-conformities to certification body – Upon the identification of non-conformities, the consultants will be facilitating on clearing and completing all the identified non-conformities of the client to be submitted to the certification body.
Co-ordination for approval of non-conformities and releasing of certificates from the certification body and providing the certificate the client.
Nbiz Infosol provides ISO Certification in UAE in co-ordination with many leading certification body which are internationally recognized to help our client on achieving any relevant ISO Standards.
The phases on the above diagram explains only the commonly used processes/activities in order to provide a clear summary explanation/objective during the certification process.
Nbiz Consultants Team will facilitate mostly on gathering the requirements, coordinating on the schedule, as well as submitting the requirements to the certification body.
Nbiz Infosol will not have any control/influence on the schedule/decision by any Certification Body.
Kindly note that there are extra phases involved on each relevant standards that the Certification Body Representative may add and apply whenever necessary.
1. Phase I - Application and Scoping on the required certification.
The general information required by the Certification Body Representative for the application and scoping are as follows:
- Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
2. Phase II - Audit Planning
- Identification of Audit Criteria, scope and objectives.
- Audit Schedule preparation
- Co-ordination with clients regarding audit details and logistics.
- Preparation of checklists, audit formats, etc.
3. Phase III – Stage 1 - Certification Audit
The Certification Body Auditors will perform the following:
- Certification Body Representative will gather detail for the company’s background/information and reviewing the existing documents to understand and evaluate the company’s set objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assessing the processes in place and comparing on the set objectives is being facilitated by our consultants in order to know if it is aligned within the organizations objectives.
Phase III - Stage II – Audit (On-site)
- Opening Meeting
- Audit execution and identification of non-conformities
- Closing Meeting
- Follow-up Audit
- Audit Closure
4. Phase IV - Certification approval process is to validate the organizations system compliance and implementation. The certification can be a useful tool to boost the company’s credibility. This will also demonstrate that the products and services are being met along with the customers’ expectations. On every organization the certification is a legal or contractual requirement.
5. Phase V - Surveillance Audit - are being performed after a year of the certification. The purpose of the surveillance audit is to check if the standards are being implemented and maintained.
6. Phase VI – Re-scoping/Change of Scope – this is to continuously evaluate the continual fulfillment and improvement of all the required and relevant documents within the management system standard. In case there are changes to be implement on the new services/processes/products or regulatory authority’s requirements, changes required from the Top Management the Phase III – Certification Audit shall be applicable.
7. Phase VII – Certificate Renewal – the re-certification renewal demonstrates that the organization is continuously striving for improvement into the implemented Management System in order to achieve and meet the client’s satisfaction and regulatory authority’s requirements/expectations.
- Nbiz Infosol can assist your organization to acquire any relevant ISO certifications in UAE which is well-known internationally. It will generate additional business opportunities, exhibit the organizations compliance and commitment to the best-practices in any industries in order to be more competitive in today’s market.
- Nbiz Infosol consists of professionals which are high level and practically experienced and very senior Project Directors along with our well-experienced and knowledgeable Senior Consultants.
- Nbiz Infosol location advantage within the Emirates on the following: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah (We have successfully completed many and different projects locally and also internationally).
- Nbiz Infosol strongly promotes and implements the facilitations on the relevant Management System not only for the sake of certification but to really make a difference in the processes and procedures that will be implemented throughout any organization.
- Nbiz Infosol consist of some project members which are also EFQM International Assessors this can add value to the assignment as Abu Dhabi government is highly recommending Organizational Excellence program across Abu Dhabi Emirate (and UAE).
- Nbiz Infosol prices are very competitive in the market without compromising our quality of service which in return provides our company’s commitment and to maintain repeated orders from our clients.
- Nbiz Infosol is driven by professional Senior Consultants with good cross functional knowledge of the other standards such as ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000 which will also add value to the project.
- Nbiz Infosol can be a good channel to assist the standardization within the organization. It will help to promote worldwide trading, encouraging rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as improving the security and communication at all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will work collaboratively and will be able to support the organization within the entire certification process.
- Nbiz Consultants Team assist your organization to acquire an ISO 9001 certification for the Quality Management System which is well-known internationally.
- Nbiz Consultants Team strongly promotes and implements the QMS system not only for the sake of certification but to really make a difference in the processes and procedures that will be implemented throughout any organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team consists of high level, knowledgeable, practically experienced Senior Project Directors and QMS consultants.
- Nbiz Consultants Team consists of full-time trainers and have a unique combination of manufacturing experience, business and financial expertise.
- The "Nbiz Hands-on Approach" creates a recipe to achieve and fulfill your expectations. This approach helps the organization to successfully execute the project with best efforts to support the client’s needs on every projects.
- Nbiz Consultants Team consulting approach is highly-professional, time bound with effective results in implementing the QMS which real-time adds value to the business processes of the client organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team drives the standardization within the organization to promote worldwide trading, encouraging rationalization, and maintaining quality assurance throughout the organization.