About ISO 10002-Quality Management-Customer Satisfaction
ISO Training 10002:2004 provides a comprehensive guidance on the process of customer complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is the most suitable to practice and it can maintain the overall quality management system within the organization. ISO Training 10002:2004 is not practically applicable to any complaints related disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for any employment-related disputes.
The ISO Training 10002 is also intended for any sizes and types of organizations in all sectors.
When the organization positively manages the customer complaints effectively with a re-al time response in this way, there is more chance of meeting the customers’ expectations as well. These can result in benefiting the organization of turning the customer complaints into customer satisfaction instead – especially when the organization views the complaints as an opportunity improvement. The standard will help the organization on how to improve the customer complaints in the most effective way and how to do and manage it efficiently. The customer complaints management system is a basic tool for every organization but it is also an essential requirement for any business – especially businesses that want to become highly competent and remains successful.
Every customers are expecting the best of the best from any of the services being offered by the organization. In this way, every competitors in the market are working 24/7 to meet the clients/customers’ expectations and to exceed these expectations as well.
The standards provides every guidelines for the organization on managing the complaints management system especially in identifying the customer complaints, the causes and effects on effectively handling and eliminating the complaints. The ISO 10002 can also provide a good way to identify the sources/root causes on the areas whenever required an improvement and in the future can be also avoided.
ISO 10002 will also allow you to identify areas in your business where you can improve and eventually remove the cause of complaints. The standard outlines management controls and processes that help you to handle customer complaints more effectively and efficiently – making sure that more customers are satisfied with the service you provide.
Brief about the ISO standard
Adapted from the ISO standard: ISO 10002:2004
What is the standard/service/topic?
ISO 10001-2-3-4 provide an integrated framework for managing and improving your customers’ satisfaction. These four standards within the ISO 10000 family address four different areas:
- ISO 10001 – code of conduct. This ethical code of conduct consists of promises and obligations related to product or service delivery, product returns or complaints, handling of personal information of customers, advertising and stipulations concerning particular attributes of a product/ service or its performance.
- ISO 10002 – complaint-handling processes. Guidance for the design and implementation of processes for all types of commercial or non-commercial activities, including electronic commerce.
- ISO 10003 – external dispute resolution. Addresses resolution of product/service-related complaints that have not been resolved by the organization.
- ISO 10004 – monitor and measure. Guidance on how to monitor and measure your company’s customer satisfaction performance.
Customer Retention by adopting the management system, your ability to retain the loyalty of your customers will be enhanced. The standards demonstrates a clear stakeholder’s commitment on managing customer care issues, analyzing and reviewing the complaints. Operational efficiency ensures a consistent approach on handling customer queries, eliminate causes of complaints and improve the daily operations. Achieve a customer-focused approach to resolve complaints internally and externally, shall encourage staff to improve their skills for customer satisfaction The standard adopts flexibility and it is compatible with ISO 9001 Quality allowing to add value and efficiency to organization. Continual improvement which provides a basis for continual review and analysis of your complaints-handling process, the resolution of complaints and where improvements can be made. Enhancing the customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and boosts the corporate image through the improved customer management complaints system. The organization will be able to identify the reasons of the complaints, the expectations of the customer on their complaints and how to hadle the customer complaints in a systematic approach.
Customer Retention by adopting the management system, your ability to retain the loyalty of your customers will be enhanced.
The standards demonstrates a clear stakeholder’s commitment on managing customer care issues, analyzing and reviewing the complaints.
Operational efficiency ensures a consistent approach on handling customer queries, eliminate causes of complaints and improve the daily operations.
Achieve a customer-focused approach to resolve complaints internally and externally, shall encourage staff to improve their skills for customer satisfaction
The standard adopts flexibility and it is compatible with ISO 9001 Quality allowing to add value and efficiency to organization.
Continual improvement which provides a basis for continual review and analysis of your complaints-handling process, the resolution of complaints and where improvements can be made.
Enhancing the customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and boosts the corporate image through the improved customer management complaints system.
The organization will be able to identify the reasons of the complaints, the expectations of the customer on their complaints and how to hadle the customer complaints in a systematic approach.
The Nbiz GO-AIM-HIGH methodology was developed to provide the continuous success for every clientle’s project. It represents the Nbiz Team Consultants activities during the involvement from the initial phase until the last phase to conclude the project successfully.
The acronyms on the GO-AIM-HIGH methodology are already tested, applied and proven methods by the Nbiz Team Consultants during the implementation of the project. These are the activities performed which represents the corresponding phases related during the project implementation.
We are delighted to provide you the detailed explaination of our GO-AIM-HIGH Methodology on the below illustration.
G – Gathering of Data
The first step in the IMS Consultancy is gathering of data. In this, our consultants will be gathering all different types of relevant and existing records that are already with the client.
O – Organizational strength and weakness identification
The second step is aiming to identify the organizational strength and weaknessess.
A - Analyze and review documents, current processes and procedures
The third step in the IMS Consultancy is to conduct Gap Analysis of the current structure of the company which includes review of documents, processes and procedures in order to determine compliance to the required Management System standard. It is through this step that consultants and the company's key personnel can collaboratively formulate appropriate plan and activities to respond to gaps identified against the standard.
I-Improve, create and implement processes and procedures
The fourth step of the IMS consultancy is based on the gaps identified during step
1. Improvements and/or creation of documents meeting the requirements of the standard shall be initiated by the consultant in close coordination with the company’s key personnel. Documents shall include policies, manuals, procedures, forms/templates, instructions, etc. The documents created/improved shall be meeting the standard requirements and shall be suitable to the business activities and culture of the company. The company’s authorized representative shall review the documents and must be approved by the Top Management before issue. Additionally, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to implement the set procedures and processes in order to comply with standard requirements. Appropriate trainings shall be provided to key personnel in order to provide or develop competence in the implementation of the system.
Once standard is established, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to monitor performance as per the required standard through performance measurement, check compliance and conformances through audits and inspections. Nonconformance shall be identified, reported and recorded accordingly.
As part of the monitoring and checking, Nbiz Consultants shall assist companies in reviewing and re-assing their environmental aspects/impacts and occupational hazards and risks. The review and re-assessment shall be done on a regular basis or as per requirement of the ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
I-Implement corrective actions and recommendations
Once the nonconformities are identified, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall assist companies to identify root causes, implement corrections, corrective actions and preventive actions for nonconformance. Recommendations shall also be considered for continual improvement.
Reports shall be generated in all phases of the consultancy. Nbiz Infosol recognized that reports and records are essential to prove evidences of performed activities. Reports shall be properly channeled and submitted in correct and appropriate formats.
H-Head towards certification
Once, documents, procedures and processes are already established and implementation is considered adequate, Nbiz Infosol shall facilitate for the certification process of the companies. Nbiz Infosol consultants shall render support during all phases of the certification audits starting from planning with external auditors, during the actual audits, closing of the nonconformance and follow-up audits.
Scoping on the required scope of certification. The general information required for the application and scoping are as follows:
Initial System Study on the relevant field of certification applied and interested for, involved activities of the organization, no. of employees and the details on the available technical resources, any related subsidiary/entities.
Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
- Coordinating Audit Plan – Our consultants will closely facilitate on the schedule communicated by the client. The audit plan will be prepared by the certification body and communicated to the client.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
Facilitate to close NC’s – Our consultants will be assisting on developing and enhancing the identified non-conformances by the Auditor of the certification body.
Facilitate in submitting non-conformities to certification body – Upon the identification of non-conformities, the consultants will be facilitating on clearing and completing all the identified non-conformities of the client to be submitted to the certification body.
Co-ordination for approval of non-conformities and releasing of certificates from the certification body and providing the certificate the client.
Nbiz Infosol Certification is in co-ordination with many leading certification body which are internationally recognized to help our client on achieving any relevant ISO Standards.
The phases on the above diagram explains only the commonly used processes/activities in order to provide a clear summary explanation/objective during the certification process.
Nbiz Consultants Team will facilitate mostly on gathering the requirements, coordinating on the schedule, as well as submitting the requirements to the certification body.
Nbiz Infosol will not have any control/influence on the schedule/decision by any Certification Body.
Kindly note that there are extra phases involved on each relevant standards that the Certification Body Representative may add and apply whenever necessary.
1. Phase I - Application and Scoping on the required certification.
The general information required by the Certification Body Representative for the application and scoping are as follows:
- Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
2. Phase II - Audit Planning
- Identification of Audit Criteria, scope and objectives.
- Audit Schedule preparation
- Co-ordination with clients regarding audit details and logistics.
- Preparation of checklists, audit formats, etc.
3. Phase III – Stage 1 - Certification Audit
The Certification Body Auditors will perform the following:
- Certification Body Representative will gather detail for the company’s background/information and reviewing the existing documents to understand and evaluate the company’s set objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assessing the processes in place and comparing on the set objectives is being facilitated by our consultants in order to know if it is aligned within the organizations objectives.
Phase III - Stage II – Audit (On-site)
- Opening Meeting
- Audit execution and identification of non-conformities
- Closing Meeting
- Follow-up Audit
- Audit Closure
4. Phase IV - Certification approval process is to validate the organizations system compliance and implementation. The certification can be a useful tool to boost the company’s credibility. This will also demonstrate that the products and services are being met along with the customers’ expectations. On every organization the certification is a legal or contractual requirement.
5. Phase V - Surveillance Audit - are being performed after a year of the certification. The purpose of the surveillance audit is to check if the standards are being implemented and maintained.
6. Phase VI – Re-scoping/Change of Scope – this is to continuously evaluate the continual fulfillment and improvement of all the required and relevant documents within the management system standard. In case there are changes to be implement on the new services/processes/products or regulatory authority’s requirements, changes required from the Top Management the Phase III – Certification Audit shall be applicable.
7. Phase VII – Certificate Renewal – the re-certification renewal demonstrates that the organization is continuously striving for improvement into the implemented Management System in order to achieve and meet the client’s satisfaction and regulatory authority’s requirements/expectations.
- Nbiz Infosol can assist your organization to acquire any relevant ISO certifications which is well-known internationally. It will generate additional business opportunities, exhibit the organizations compliance and commitment to the best-practices in any industries in order to be more competitive in today’s market.
- ISO 10002 certification service is handled by Nbiz in a very efficient manner in UAE and GCC.
- Nbiz Infosol consists of professionals which are high level and practically experienced and very senior Project Directors along with our well-experienced and knowledgeable Senior Consultants.
- Nbiz Infosol location advantage within the Emirates on the following: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah (We have successfully completed many and different projects locally and also internationally).
- Nbiz Infosol strongly promotes and implements the facilitations on the relevant Management System not only for the sake of certification but to really make a difference in the processes and procedures that will be implemented throughout any organization.
- Nbiz Infosol consist of some project members which are also EFQM International Assessors this can add value to the assignment as Abu Dhabi government is highly recommending Organizational Excellence program across Abu Dhabi Emirate (and UAE).
- Nbiz Infosol prices are very competitive in the market without compromising our quality of service which in return provides our company’s commitment and to maintain repeated orders from our clients.
- Nbiz Infosol is driven by professional Senior Consultants with good cross functional knowledge of the other standards such as ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000 which will also add value to the project.
- Nbiz Infosol can be a good channel to assist the standardization within the organization. It will help to promote worldwide trading, encouraging rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as improving the security and communication at all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will work collaboratively and will be able to support the organization within the entire certification process.
- Nbiz Consultants Team are fully experienced and exposed in the consultation, implementation, facilitation and trainings of ISO 10002 Customer Satisfaction – Complaint Management System.
- Nbiz Consultants Team have the most extensive invaluable hand-on experience of working under various roles and capacities in the Customer Satisfaction and Complaints Management industry.
- Nbiz Consultants Team drives the standardization within the organization to promote rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as improving the customer management and satisfaction all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will be closely monitoring and continually improving the organizations complaints handling process, the integration of the ISO 10002 with the ISO 9001 can improve the overall efficiency.