About OSHAD-EHSMS-ADEHSMS Certification
Occupational safety and health (OSH),is commonly referred to as occupational health and safety (OHS), occupational health or workplace health and safety,is a field with the safety, health,of people at work place..The goal of occupational safety and health is a safe and healthy work environment.OSH may also protect workers,family members,employers,customers,and many others who might be affected by the workplace environment.In the United States, the term occupational health and safety is referred to as occupational health and occupational and non-occupational safety and includes safety for activities outside of work.
OSHAD is a management tool that integrates Occupational Health and Safety management components of a business into one system. The main objectives of the oshad is business to managing the impacts of various activities and minimizing workplace risks and manage all aspects related to occupational health and safety at workplaces.
Abu Dhabi Emirate Environment, Health and Safety Management System (AD EHSMS) was developed as per the directions of Abu Dhabi Government to manage environment, health and safety issues through the use of a framework that assists entities, in both private and government sector, to identify, control and reduce workplace risks and the impacts of their business activities, on the environment, human health and the safety of workers and the community.
Initially, as per the recommendations of the EHS Higher Committee, there were seven major sectors targeted to implement the system, these include: Building and Construction, Transport, Industry, Energy, Health, Tourism, and Waste Sectors. Education Sector and Food Sector will be included in 2011 and further Sectors will be included in future as the system is implemented throughout the Emirate.
Abu Dhabi EHSMS as a regulatory body had introduced many set of Policies and Procedures that need to be followed and adhered to by different entities in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Also there are many forms that need to be submitted in order to achieve the compliance status. Abu Dhabi EHSMS has introduced many set of Code of Practices as below:
- CoP 1.0 Hazardous Materials
- CoP 1.1 Management of Asbestos Containing Materials
- CoP 1.2 Lead Exposure Management
- CoP 3.0 Occupational Noise
- CoP 3.1 Vibration
- CoP 4.0 First Aid and Medical Treatment
- CoP 5.0 Occupational Health Screening and Medical Surveillance
- CoP 6.0 Emergency Management Requirements
- CoP 7.0 Fire Prevention Planning and Control
- CoP 8.0 General Workplace Amenities
- CoP 9.0 Workplace Wellness
- CoP 9.2 Managing Work-Related Stress
- CoP 10.0 Rehabilitation and Return to Work, etc.,
Brief about the ISO standard
The objectives of the AD EHSMS is to continuously achieve an excellence in the management and protection of the environment, health and safety, through the partnership between all government entities and private sectors to completely ensure that activities within Abu Dhabi Emirate are undertaken in a responsible, safe and sustainable manner.
The continual improvement is an essential component of the AD EHSMS, which aims to consistently improve the organizational EHS performance.
The entities will be compensated for the self-identification and correction of non-conformances, contributing to the continual improvement of EHS performance.
Adapted from EHSMS -OSHAD- Abu Dhabi www.oshad.ae
It ensures that the organization will have a boosted and improved reputation as an AD EHSMS which creates a competitive advantage for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It will be able to enhance the confidence of the organizations investors and private sectors management on stabilizing the EHS regulations. The organization will be able to practice an aligned business health and safety objectives which drives improvement in EHS performance. The standard will benefit the organization on developing an integrated regulations that can streamline and harmonized requirements. Continuous improvement can be achieved by the organization which are applicable to all the levels of the organization. Striving for a continuous improvement for the safety performance and compliances in the organization for the regulatory bodies. The organization will be able to promote and drive a positive awareness and concerns on the natural resources conservation and utilization. The organization will be providing a safer and healthier workplaces to the employees, customers and suppliers which will result to less workplace injuries, illnesses and consequently less working hours lost.
It ensures that the organization will have a boosted and improved reputation as an AD EHSMS which creates a competitive advantage for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
It will be able to enhance the confidence of the organizations investors and private sectors management on stabilizing the EHS regulations.
The organization will be able to practice an aligned business health and safety objectives which drives improvement in EHS performance.
The standard will benefit the organization on developing an integrated regulations that can streamline and harmonized requirements.
Continuous improvement can be achieved by the organization which are applicable to all the levels of the organization.
Striving for a continuous improvement for the safety performance and compliances in the organization for the regulatory bodies.
The organization will be able to promote and drive a positive awareness and concerns on the natural resources conservation and utilization.
The organization will be providing a safer and healthier workplaces to the employees, customers and suppliers which will result to less workplace injuries, illnesses and consequently less working hours lost.
The Nbiz GO-AIM-HIGH methodology was developed to provide the continuous success for every clientle’s project. It represents the Nbiz Team Consultants activities during the involvement from the initial phase until the last phase to conclude the project successfully.
The acronyms on the GO-AIM-HIGH methodology are already tested, applied and proven methods by the Nbiz Team Consultants during the implementation of the project. These are the activities performed which represents the corresponding phases related during the project implementation.
We are delighted to provide you the detailed explanation of our GO-AIM-HIGH Methodology on the below illustration.
G – Gathering of Data
The first step in the IMS Consultancy is gathering of data. In this, our consultants will be gathering all different types of relevant and existing records that are already with the client.
O – Organizational strength and weakness identification
The second step is aiming to identify the organizational strength and weaknessess.
A - Analyze and review documents, current processes and procedures
The third step in the IMS Consultancy is to conduct Gap Analysis of the current structure of the company which includes review of documents, processes and procedures in order to determine compliance to the required Management System standard. It is through this step that consultants and the company's key personnel can collaboratively formulate appropriate plan and activities to respond to gaps identified against the standard.
I-Improve, create and implement processes and procedures
The fourth step of the IMS consultancy is based on the gaps identified during step
1. Improvements and/or creation of documents meeting the requirements of the standard shall be initiated by the consultant in close coordination with the company’s key personnel. Documents shall include policies, manuals, procedures, forms/templates, instructions, etc. The documents created/improved shall be meeting the standard requirements and shall be suitable to the business activities and culture of the company. The company’s authorized representative shall review the documents and must be approved by the Top Management before issue. Additionally, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to implement the set procedures and processes in order to comply with standard requirements. Appropriate trainings shall be provided to key personnel in order to provide or develop competence in the implementation of the system.
Once standard is established, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to monitor performance as per the required standard through performance measurement, check compliance and conformances through audits and inspections. Nonconformance shall be identified, reported and recorded accordingly.
As part of the monitoring and checking, Nbiz Consultants shall assist companies in reviewing and re-assing their environmental aspects/impacts and occupational hazards and risks. The review and re-assessment shall be done on a regular basis or as per requirement of the ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
I-Implement corrective actions and recommendations
Once the nonconformities are identified, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall assist companies to identify root causes, implement corrections, corrective actions and preventive actions for nonconformance. Recommendations shall also be considered for continual improvement.
Reports shall be generated in all phases of the consultancy. Nbiz Infosol recognized that reports and records are essential to prove evidences of performed activities. Reports shall be properly channeled and submitted in correct and appropriate formats.
H-Head towards certification
Once, documents, procedures and processes are already established and implementation is considered adequate, Nbiz Infosol shall facilitate for the certification process of the companies. Nbiz Infosol consultants shall render support during all phases of the certification audits starting from planning with external auditors, during the actual audits, closing of the nonconformance and follow-up audits.
Scoping on the required scope of certification. The general information required for the application and scoping are as follows:
Initial System Study on the relevant field of certification applied and interested for, involved activities of the organization, no. of employees and the details on the available technical resources, any related subsidiary/entities.
Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
- Coordinating Audit Plan – Our consultants will closely facilitate on the schedule communicated by the client. The audit plan will be prepared by the certification body and communicated to the client.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
Facilitate to close NC’s – Our consultants will be assisting on developing and enhancing the identified non-conformances by the Auditor of the certification body.
Facilitate in submitting non-conformities to certification body – Upon the identification of non-conformities, the consultants will be facilitating on clearing and completing all the identified non-conformities of the client to be submitted to the certification body.
Co-ordination for approval of non-conformities and releasing of certificates from the certification body and providing the certificate the client.
Nbiz Infosol Certification is in co-ordination with many leading certification body which are internationally recognized to help our client on achieving any relevant ISO Standards.
The phases on the above diagram explains only the commonly used processes/activities in order to provide a clear summary explanation/objective during the certification process.
Nbiz Consultants Team will facilitate mostly on gathering the requirements, coordinating on the schedule, as well as submitting the requirements to the regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD.
Nbiz Infosol will not have any control/influence on the schedule/decision by any regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD.
Kindly note that there are extra phases involved on each relevant standards that the regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD Representative may add and apply whenever necessary.
Phase I - Application and Scoping on the required certification.
The general information required by any regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD Representative for the application and scoping are as follows:
- Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
2. Phase II - Audit Planning
- Identification of Audit Criteria, scope and objectives.
- Audit Schedule preparation
- Co-ordination with clients regarding audit details and logistics.
- Preparation of checklists, audit formats, etc.
Phase III – Stage 1 - Certification Compliance
The regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD Auditors will perform the following:
- The regulatory authorities of AD EHSMS/OHSHAD Representative will gather detail for the company’s background/information and reviewing the existing documents to understand and evaluate the company’s set objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assessing the processes in place and comparing on the set objectives is being facilitated by our consultants in order to know if it is aligned within the organizations objectives.
- Opening Meeting
- Audit execution and identification of non-conformities
- Closing Meeting
- Follow-up Audit
- Audit Closure
4. Phase IV - Regulatory Authorities ADEHSMS/ OHSHAD Certification approval process is to validate the organizations system compliance and implementation. The certification can be a useful tool to boost the company’s credibility. This will also demonstrate that the products and services are being met along with the customers’ expectations. On every organization the certification is a legal or contractual requirement.
5. Phase V - Surveillance Audit - N/A
6. Phase VI – Re-scoping/Change of Scope – N/A
7. Phase VII – Certificate Renewal – the re-certification renewal demonstrates that the organization is continuously striving for improvement into the implemented Management System in order to achieve and meet the client’s satisfaction and regulatory authority’s requirements/expectations.
- Nbiz Infosol can assist your organization to acquire any relevant ISO certifications which is well-known internationally. It will generate additional business opportunities, exhibit the organizations compliance and commitment to the best-practices in any industries in order to be more competitive in today’s market.
- Nbiz Infosol consists of professionals which are high level and practically experienced and very senior Project Directors along with our well-experienced and knowledgeable Senior Consultants.
- Nbiz Infosol location advantage within the Emirates on the following: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah (We have successfully completed many and different projects locally and also internationally).
- Nbiz Infosol strongly promotes and implements the facilitations on the relevant Management System not only for the sake of certification but to really make a difference in the processes and procedures that will be implemented throughout any organization.
- Nbiz Infosol consist of some project members which are also EFQM International Assessors this can add value to the assignment as Abu Dhabi government is highly recommending Organizational Excellence program across Abu Dhabi Emirate (and UAE).
- Nbiz Infosol prices are very competitive in the market without compromising our quality of service which in return provides our company’s commitment and to maintain repeated orders from our clients.
- Nbiz Infosol is driven by professional Senior Consultants with good cross functional knowledge of the other standards such as ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000 which will also add value to the project.
- Nbiz Infosol can be a good channel to assist the standardization within the organization. It will help to promote worldwide trading, encouraging rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as improving the security and communication at all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz is approved by OSHAD as an authorised Consultant Organisation to facilitate the EHSMS related consultancy in the Emriate of Abu Dhabi.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will work collaboratively and will be able to support the organization within the entire certification process.
- Nbiz possesses Grade A Practitioners to overall facilitate the EHSMS consultancy.
- Nbiz also possess experts who are also Qualified Lead Auditors (IRCA) in the field of Health and Safety. Nbiz Auditors are IRCA Qualified 14001 and 18001 Lead Auditors.
- Nbiz has helped many organisations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi the required level of compliance and hence Nbiz has rich experience in implementing the same.
- Nbiz being an Information Solutions Provider can easily help the Entities in applying and helping to fill the relevant forms online.